Youngest Parents In The World Till 2017
Youngest Parents You Never Believe Exist!
15. Elena Chiritescu In October of 2010, a 10-year-old girl named Elena Chiritescu became an extremely young mother when she gave birth to a baby girl named Nicoleta. The father was Elena’s 13-year-old cousin, Gheorghe Mecic. The two claimed to be a couple and said that their relationship was mutual. However, shortly after the child’s birth, the couple split up for unknown reasons.
14. Sean Stewart & Emma Webster An unusual couple from Britain became some of the youngest parents ever in 1998 when the 12-year-old boy and 16-year-old girl welcomed a child into the world. They were next door neighbors when they entered into a sexual relationship at just 11 and 15, and the resulting pregnancy shocked the world. Sean actually had to take the day off of school in order to attend the birth of his son. Though the boy reports being initially shocked when he learned of the pregnancy, he said shortly after that he intended to be there for the child and do what is necessary to raise the couple’s son. Sean and Emma are no longer a couple as of 2016, having gone their separate ways just years after Emma gave birth.
13. Yelizaveta Gryshchenko A girl commonly known as Liza gave birth to her child when she was just 6 years old, and only a week after her sixth birthday. The pregnancy was especially difficult due to her young age and lack of physical development, and the girl required a caesarian section in order to deliver the baby in a healthy manner. This, however, did not prove to be successful, and the baby died shortly after birth. The father was unfortunately her 69-year-old grandfather, who was subsequently investigated for rape. In a case which caused controversy throughout the Soviet Union, he was not found guilty and did not suffer any legal ramifications for his actions.
12. Alleshia Gregson A girl from Britain became a mother for the second time at just 15 years old in 2013. Alleshia Gregson was just 12 years old the first time she gave birth, having a son named Lewis the first time around. She was actually able to keep that pregnancy a secret until shortly before having to give birth – her mother learned that she was pregnant just 22 minutes before Alleshia gave birth. Just 10 months after giving birth to Lewis, Alleshia became pregnant again and gave birth to her second child when she was 15. The children both have the same father, though their young parents are not a couple. The unnamed father has met Lewis just once and has never even seen his second child, named Braiden.
11. Unnamed British Couple An unnamed British couple became the country’s youngest parents ever in 2014 when the 13-year-old boy and 12-year-old girl gave birth to a healthy daughter. Their names have not been released, in order to protect their privacy, but sources close to them say that they are happy with their daughter and intend to stay together in order to give her a good life. When asked if they regretted becoming parents at such a young age, the boy said that while he was initially scared, he now doesn’t regret it at all and sees their little girl as a blessing. Both sets of grandparents have apparently come around to the situation and are now offering their full support to the extremely young couple.
10. April Webster and Nathan Fishbourne Before the couple from 2014 took the title as Britain’s youngest parents, the title of dubious honor was held by April Webster and Nathan Fishbourne. The couple, just 14 years old at the time, welcomed their son Jamie Fishbourne into the world in 2010. Though the couple admits that their child was not planned, they expressed happiness at the prospect of being parents and vowed to take excellent care of their son. The couple also admitted that custody of the child was under dispute, as the situation had caused arguments between them. At the time of the child’s birth it was unclear whether or not they planned to stay together. Nothing new has been heard from the couple since, so it’s not known whether they were able to put their differences aside. 9. Griselda Acuña In 2013, a 9-year-old girl from Mexico named Griselda Acuña gave birth to a baby girl. The baby was given a clean bill of health shortly after the birth took place, and the mother was discharged from the hospital just a few days later. The father was identified as a 17-year-old boy, but he was not able to be located, as he fled when he discovered that Griselda was pregnant. The case then became an investigation of sexual abuse, and a warrant was put out for the boy’s arrest – though his identity was not revealed. Griselda comes from a large family – she has 10 siblings – so it’s thought that she has plenty of help in raising her daughter.
8. Unnamed Columbian Girl A girl from Columbia, whose name was not revealed for privacy reasons, became a mother at just 10 years old in 2012. The girl is a member of an indigenous tribe in the town of . Police have admitted that the case would be especially difficult to pursue legally, since the tribe is not only allowed to govern itself, but there was no evidence as to who the father was. This is just one of many such cases which the Colombian government has had to face due to the tribes in the region not integrating with the rest of their society.
7. Tia Davies and Jordan Williams Sometimes having children at a young age runs in the family. This is certainly the case for Tia Davies, who gave birth to her child along with father Jordan Williams when the couple was just 15 years old, in 2011. The strange thing about the case is that Tia’s parents, Kelly and Shem Davies, gave birth to Tia when they were just 15 years old as well. This not only makes Tia and Jordan some of the youngest parents in the world, but also makes Kelly and Shem the youngest grandparents in Britain at the time. Tia admits that the situation is strange, and that she would not want her child to become a parent at 15.
6. Ionel and Rifca Stanescu A Romanian woman recently became the world’s youngest grandmother, aged just 23. She is a Gypsy, and in that culture the virginity of young girls is prized above just about all else. Rifca and her husband Ionel welcomed their daughter into the world when she was just 12 years old. Her daughter, Maria, likewise had her first child when she was just 11 years old. While it is becoming more and more frowned upon, marrying at extremely young ages is still very popular amongst Gypsy communities.
5. Kordeza Zhelyazkova An 11-year-old girl from Sliven, Bulgaria became one of the youngest mothers of all time when she gave birth in 2009. Unlike many cases where rape is involved with a girl as young as Kordeza, she was actually married when her child was born. She was still wearing her wedding dress when she went into labor, in fact. The 19-year-old father, named Jeliazko , met his soon-to-be wife when he rescued her from playground bullies. The couple became romantically involved, and after giving birth, Kordeza says that she does not intend to return to school.
4. Catherine Moore When she gave birth at just 15 years old, Catherine Moore hoped to make the best of the situation. However, she didn’t know that she would face additional challenges beyond just being a young mother. Her son, Tyler, was born with Down’s Syndrome. Though this condition is sometimes suspected before birth. Catherine didn’t learn of her son’s condition until a day after he was born. Despite the challenges involved, Catherine has vowed to raise her son to the best of her ability, and loves him despite his condition.
3. Alfie Patten In 2012 a 13-old-boy from the UK named Alfie Patten became a household name for a short time when the story broke that he was set to become a father. His girlfriend, Chantelle Steadman (aged 15), told Alfie that she was pregnant shortly after the couple had their first sexual encounter. However, after the child was born, a DNA test proved that Alfie was not in fact the father of Chantelle’s child. Although most people took this as good news for the boy, his mother reports that he was hysterically distraught when the news was broken to him.
2. Tressa Middleton In what can only be described as a depressing case, a girl named Tressa Middleton from Scotland gave birth to a daughter at just 12 years old, after being sexually assaulted by her brother. Tressa, who is now an adult and has published a book about her life, gave her daughter up for adoption shortly after her birth. Tressa’s life then spiraled out of control, and she spent much of her formative years addicted to drugs and alcohol. She is now clean and sober and is in the process of getting her life back on track.
1. Lina Medina A Peruvian woman born in 1933 became the world’s youngest confirmed biological mother when she was just 5 ½ years old. The girl, named Lina Medina, is a medical marvel. This was made possible by a condition called Precocious Puberty, which led to her developing a functioning reproductive system at such a young age. The condition is so rare, in fact, that her parents initially thought the pregnancy was a tumor. When doctors confirmed that Linda was in fact pregnant, her father was initially arrested under suspicion of sexual abuse. However, no guilt was able to be determined. Lina gave birth to her son on May 14th, 1939, via cesarean section due to her underdeveloped pelvis.